Di-Spark Ltd in Hordean, Hampshire, currently have a position for an apprentice quality Engineer
A vacancy has arisen for an Apprentice Quality Engineer to join the Di-Spark Ltd Quality Assurance team. Di-Spark supply precision components directly into the Aerospace, Space, Military, Motor sport and Oil & Gas industries.
We are looking for a versatile and enthusiastic individual with a particular attention to detail to undertake various tasks within the Quality Assurance Department.
In this role, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing a responsive, effective and professional Quality Assurance service to the department.
Key functions of the role include:
- Assisting in all aspects of inspection activities including the use of manual measurement tools (micrometers, calipers, height gauge etc)
- Programming and running a CMM (training will be provided)
- Carrying out fault investigations for both internal and external rejects
- Carrying out internal Audits to our AS9100 Quality Management System (training will be provided)
- Raise FAI Report documents (balloon-up drawing, create spread-sheet for tabulated results)
- Complete FAI reports after inspection (update spread-sheet with results, collate all necessary documentation for FAI package)
- In the absence of the Quality Manager; review all outgoing Certificates of Conformity to ensure all necessary documentation is included sign off by a Director before shipment to customer.
- Maintain calibration system (run calibration recall report, collect gauges, raise PO for calibration, book in and update calibration records upon return)
- Maintain Approved Supplier List
- Run month end reports and update monitoring graphs (OQD, Internal Rejects, Concession, W/O close out, OTD, Supplier OTD/OQD)
- Review/scan/file incoming material certificates
- Review completed Work Order cards to ensure that quantities are accounted for and all operations are stamped.
- Scan and file work order cards
- Update internal NCR monitoring from Work Order cards
- Assist with visual/manual inspection during busy periods
- Maintain machine maintenance log
- In the fullness of time the role may also extend to visiting customers and/or suppliers.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, organised, demonstrate good attention to detail and have excellent communication skills, enabling them to deal effectively with the key customers in all departments across the business. Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office, database management) are essential to the role. A willingness to learn is very important.
Experience of working in a QA department or quality critical environment as well as knowledge of certified Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001/AS9100) would be an advantage, although training will be given.
Please Enquire here